Sunday, December 16, 2012

A stroke of luck

So, thanks to my friend Jeff, I now have a scanner! Turns out his family was looking to give it away for a year or two. They only reason they didn't want it was because it didn't handle photo negatives well (it didn't have automatic dust removal) so they had gotten a new one. Since I don't need it for photo negatives, I just need it for drawings, I happily took it off their hands. (For free, even!)

So yay, that's one less issue with getting the webcomic off the ground. Next week I'm meeting with Lisa (Lisa Island, of Social Bridge) and she'll help me set up the social media stuff. So the webcomic could be up as soon as next week!

Crap, I better draw some more comics! XD

But in all seriousness, I'm actually really excited. The sooner the webcomic goes up, the sooner I get more fans and such.

I'm kind of not-so-secretly hoping the webcomic gets popular enough that it ends up being my job. Or at least, some sort of supplementary income.

But most likely, if that happens at all, it'll be years from now. *sigh*

However, another ray of hope has broken through the clouds of my worries! Jeff, you see, is an aspiring filmmaker! And I have agreed to do storyboarding for him.

I'm not going to be making any money or anything, but it could lead to more things.

I had actually looked into internships for storyboarding but found that everything seemed to be in California. If I recall correctly, I posted about this earlier.

But this could be something to put on my résumé later. And could lead to more jobs.

And if I'm really lucky, Jeff will become a famous director and I'll be along for the ride. I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon, though.

What makes me happy is I can see a path now, a small trail through the dense jungle of life. Things are starting to come together.

Maybe my luck is changing for the better. (I just jinxed it, damn!) Or maybe someone "up there" heard me when I asked for help.

Or, most likely, all the hard work and drive to succeed is finally starting to pay off.

Whatever it is, I'm glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment