Monday, December 31, 2012

The second to last post

I almost skipped moving the blog, but since I said I'd do it today, I will make sure I actually do it.

So, the personal change I referred to in the previous post is this: I learned that trying too hard in social situations is not helpful. In fact, it makes it worse sometimes.

Social situations, to me, always felt like a quiz or a test. And I always got as nervous as I would before a quiz or test. I tried to always be "on", always work hard at being... Well, I'm not really sure. Being better, maybe.

It's not really surprising that didn't work out.

I always tried to have something to say, to not let the conversation drop, to be witty... But sometimes it's best to say nothing at all.

I guess I thought I needed to overcompensate, because of the Asperger's. (Well, just Autism now.)

I finally figured out that is doing more harm than good. And in doing so, I finally learned to just... relax. "Be myself", I guess, but I'm done trying to define what "myself" is. I guess "myself" is just what I say and do when I'm not trying to be someone else.

Whatever.

Anyways, now that I've relaxed, I kind of also accepted that I am and always will be Autistic. I'm not as angry anymore. And I don't care as much anymore. It's not the most important thing to me anymore; not the most important part of "myself".

So, that's another reason I'm shutting down Ask an Aspie/The Asperger Chronicles: I'm not thinking about it as much, so I don't have as much to say.

Though, to be honest, I think I ran out of things to say awhile ago. ^^'

So, maybe I'll post every now and again, if I have something about Autism I want to write a piece on that people will see. But for the most part, this will just stay here, floating around.

Meanwhile, if you like my rambles, that's what the new blog will be for!

So I will go set that up. :)

Thanks for reading,
--Ilsa Kasmar

No comments:

Post a Comment