Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The webcomic has launched!

That's right! My webcomic, The Ilsa Show, officially launched last night. Website, Facebook page, Twitter: @TheIlsaShow.

The reason I did not post about this earlier was:

1. When the first comic was finally posted--marking the official launch-- it was 10 PM. I went to bed as soon as it was up.

2. I spent most of TODAY cleaning up and then posting some of my stockpiled comics. Yes, having a buffer (comics that you have saved up in case you can't get enough cranked out in time for the update) is important. However, I know from reading webcomics my entire life that it is hard to get into a comic when they only have 1 page up. I think I actually have 4 up, which is still not that much. So yeah, it was necessary.

3. Once I finished doing that stuff, the lat thing I wanted to do was write a blog post. I wanted to either draw more things or take a break. And I took a break, mainly because I had a sort of headache.


Anyways, I am very excited about this! I've actually wanted to do this for awhile, but it wasn't until recently that I got a nudge in the right direction.

If the comic gets popular enough, I will put in a donation thingy and move it to its own website. I really, really want it to get that popular, but these things take time.

It's actually been my dream for years to make a living via webcomickery. I'm definitely a lot closer to that now. It could take years, or never happen, but there's a chance now, at least. Yay!

To my grandparents: since I know you are reading this, I just want to warn you that the stuff I post may not be to your taste. View with caution.

I think I'm going to go draw more things now. Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment