Friday, December 28, 2012

Sigh.

Ugh. I am so sick of technology not working the way it should. 

My iPad's browser crashes when I have more than two tabs open, or even if I'm not, especially with webcomics. No, it's not because I leave a bunch of apps running in the background, and yes, I've tried browsers other than Safari on it.

My laptop is generally slow and it has a bunch of bugs my Dad can't or won't fix. And he's basically a computer genius, so if he can't, it probably can't be done. Actually, I've lost track of the things that annoy me about my laptop.

And my iPhone, which has always been the most stable, suddenly flipped out on me today and froze. It was barely worth noticing, since it resolved itself quickly, but I'm worried that it's going to start having issues too.

If I could, I would just replace all of them. I mean, all of my technology is out-of-date anyways, by at least 2 years. (I think.) However, that would be hella expensive.

I think what I need to do is come up with a way to replace them, but make the replacements last longer.

For example, instead of a smartphone, get something like the Rugby -- which is extremely tough -- that doesn't have all the fancy stuff I don't really need. I mean, yes, I need to make calls on it, and I'd PREFER it if it could play music, but the rest I really don't need much. And as for music, I could always get an iPod shuffle or something.

And instead of an iPad and a laptop, just have a laptop. Maybe a smaller one, that is iPad-sized, and preferably a Mac. And this time, I'll actually read the manual so I generally know what I'm doing.

Because really, when I am living on my own, I'm going to have a much smaller budget. I need to plan accordingly.

I wish I could skip ahead a few years in life when I am independent, have money, and working. And hopefully, have a successful webcomic.

Because I'm pretty sure I have to go to art school, and be dependent on my parents, for a few more years.

Sure, I could do some shit job that I hate and save up enough money to move out and live on my own, but I don't think that's a great option either.

The only thing I could think of that I might like and that I could probably do NOW is storyboarding, but I'm pretty sure I'd have to move to California to do that, and finding a job would still be hell.

Maybe I could be an intern or assistant for an Illustrator here, or something. I'll ask around.

I know I've written about this probably the last 3 posts I've done, but that's because it's on my mind, and I still can't figure out a solution to it.

I'm unhappy with my life the way it is now. I mean, sure, it's break and stuff, and I love drawing TIS, (short for The Ilsa Show, because whenever I type "webcomic", it gets autocorrected to "Webcomic") but I'm looking towards the future and I'm unhappy with what I see.

I know, I know, it could be a lot worse. I probably shouldn't complain, or be unhappy about it. But this is how I feel, regardless.

I guess I have always wished the world would be perfect, or at least MY world, and it's not, and it bothers me. 

I think I deserve better than what I'm getting. I deserve to be doing what I love and making money at it. And maybe I will, down the road, but that's not where I am now.

Because what I really love is drawing TIS specifically, and drawing in general. But despite the skills I already have, I know it's not enough,  and it will take me awhile until I get good enough.

Being an adult sucks. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment